Arthritis is a common condition affecting one in six Australians. While most believe that arthritis only affects our senior citizens the majority of people with arthritis are between the ages of 15 and 60, meaning that it should be a consideration for most Australians who are presenting joint pain and inflammation.
At Incline Health our chiropractic treatments don’t only focus on the health of the spine but on the health of the body as a whole. Our treatments centre on how the different interconnected systems of the body affect each other and in turn affect the experience and severity of your arthritis. Chiropractic treatments have had a proven impact on reducing the symptoms of arthritis and helping your body manage the condition naturally, making it an important part of the first line of defence against the disease.
What are the different types of arthritis that chiropractors can assist in the treatment of?
There are over 100 different types of arthritis that have been identified by studies and medical professionals, however, the most common types of arthritis that chiropractors treat are:
- Inflammatory arthritis: Rheumatoid arthritis is a common form of inflammatory arthritis caused by an autoimmune disorder which causes pain and swelling of the joints.
- Osteoarthritis: Osteoarthritis can affect the whole body and is caused by wear and tear of the joint cartilage, which in turn causes inflammation and pain.
Chiropractic Treatment for Arthritis
While commonly treatment for arthritis involves medication for pain such as medical narcotics (opioids), chiropractic treatment aims to target the symptoms of arthritis in a gentle, natural and non-invasive manner.
Arthritis can cause swelling, joint restrictions, muscle tension and impaired mobility. At Incline Health the aim of chiropractic treatments is to help reduce pain and stimulate mobility in the body by gently relieving the strain on the nervous system and realigning the affected areas of the spine. This is intended to improve the function of the body as a whole and give your body the ability to better manage the symptoms of arthritis.
Incline Health’s treatment for arthritis patients
The core of our treatment for arthritis is gentle chiropractic manipulation of the spine to help realign the body and ease tension in tortured joints. We also offer significant pain management protocols including physical therapy, dry needling and pain management advice to be used outside of the clinic.
The benefits of Incline Health’s chiropractic treatments include:
- Reduced inflammation caused by arthritis
- Improved body movement and flexibility
- Reduced pain and tension
- Improved quality of life and physical capabilities
Incline Health’s approach to our patients
Every case of arthritis is different and our clinic ensures that you get the targeted help you need by following our four pillars of care:
- Each case is treated individually. We take the time and care to ensure that your case is examined properly and that we treat you as an individual.
- We provide take home advice. We provide pain management protocols that you can take home to ensure that you continue your treatment even outside of the clinic.
- We pursue a multidisciplinary approach. We don’t constrict ourselves to only traditional chiropractic treatments but also take the best from other therapeutic disciplines such as massage or physical therapy
- We use science as the core of our therapies. Our therapies are based in science and are constantly updated to reflect the best standard of care available.